29 August 2017 at 13 h 05 min #677
Hi to all,
First, sorry for not being very active on the OTO forum. I’ll try to come here more frequently in the future.
About BOUM, the last prototype has satisfied me, at last !
BOUM was the most complex machine that I had to design so far, on a technical and sonic sides. I’m now very happy with the sound of this machine, it will range from very subtle warming treatment, to very squary distortions. The compressor is very easy and fun to use, and the lowpass filter is very smooth.
The design office will start working on BOUM from the 4th of september and should deliver us the printed boards and the manufacturing files september the 15th. After that the factory in Normandy will start the production this fall.
I will give you specs and let you know an estimated release date in a month or two.
All the best,
Denis30 August 2017 at 11 h 18 min #689
Awesome! cant wait to try it out31 August 2017 at 20 h 04 min #691
Great news! I had been awaiting that. Hope I can grab one.3 September 2017 at 20 h 26 min #757
woo hoo, goods news!13 September 2017 at 11 h 54 min #761
Thanks for taking the time to provide an update.
Would be nice if there was a BOUM release notification list, users could sign up for.15 September 2017 at 14 h 09 min #767
^agreed!28 September 2017 at 7 h 05 min #927
Great news! I really look forward to getting one!18 October 2017 at 21 h 52 min #972
will it be MIDI contrôlable ?
salut31 October 2017 at 13 h 58 min #994
Oh my…. looks like I’ll be spending again … 🙂31 October 2017 at 14 h 03 min #995
great! i’m in. need a new comp anyway and i’m sure it will be an awesome machine.6 November 2017 at 12 h 07 min #1008
Thanks to all for your encouraging words !
This week we’ll finalize the order of the first batch of BOUM with the electronics factory.
We should know the price and an estimated release date in the next days.
The specs are almost definitive :
– One knob compressor (Threshold, Ration and Make-up Gain on one pot) from no compression to negative ratios Mid position is a limiter (inf:1), max is something like 0.1:1
– Drive : Gain after the compressor, from 0 db to 60 dB, depending on the “disto” setting
– Filter : 12dB/Oct., non-resonant Hi-Cut filter from 50Hz to 20kHz
– Input Gain : 0, +6, +12 and +18 dB
– Attack and release (6 parameter each). The first attack setting is quasi-instant
– Lo Cut filter : 6dB/Oct. Flat, 75Hz, 150Hz, 300Hz
– Disto : Boost (soft clipper), Tube (well, an emulation!), Fuzz and Square (called a comparator distortion)
– Gate : Noise gate, from “No” to “-10db” (to create gated effects)
BOUM is 100% analog unit (even the side-chain) but will be MIDI controllable.
All the best,
Denis10 November 2017 at 12 h 02 min #1014
awsome news! I have to get this one!
when do you accept pre-order??21 November 2017 at 10 h 31 min #1020
For those who haven’t seen, this :
Small hints of a release date in the comments.
Would be nice to have an official announcement though.
23 November 2017 at 18 h 12 min #102530 November 2017 at 14 h 44 min #1028
- This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by KaOsphere.
What an anxious wait isn’t it ?
Everyone seems ready to pull the trigger, will there be enough for everyone ? Only OTO knows !
I thought this will be my Christmas present, I guess I’ll have a paper sheet whith “Voucher for Oto Boum” written on it instead…
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.