HOME Forums NEWS BOUM

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Any news would be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Hi everybody,
    Sorry for the long silence, we were very busy these last weeks.
    Unfortunately we still don’t have a release date for BOUM yet !
    There’s 2 reasons for that :
    1/ Next year we’ll work with a new factory in west of France, with a better manufacturing quality and shorter production delays. We had to set up all the production, testing and assembly line for BOUM, but also for next batches of BIM and BAM. It took time to do so, but we are now ready to start the production of all our products in january 2018 !
    2/ Since 6 months now, there’s a world severe electronic components shortage. Instead of few suppliers the factory had to work with, buyers now need to buy components in smaller quantities from many more wholesalers.
    Lead time deliveries for these electronic components are then getting longer and longer.
    Everything seems to be ok for us. All the necessary components are ordered now, but the factory still don’t know when they will be delivered. We hope to have this information before the end of the year, and then we’ll be able to give you a release date.
    We hope to have BOUM ready in february.
    Sorry again for the long wait, and thanks for your patience !
    Denis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your reply. Tired of waiting in the dark I finally get my needs covered by other hardware but I’ll keep an eye on Boum for sure.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Merci pour ces informations !
    Le plus dur est passé… Esperons.
    En attendant, bonne fabrication !

Anonymous
    Inactive

can you tell us some details about the boum? vca, fet, ota? is it inspired by a specific classic?

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

The compressor is based on a VCA slightly un-biased in order to add a small amount of 2nd Harmonic distortion. Not inspired by any classic compressor, even if all VCA based compressor look quite the same.
    I wanted something very simple to use, with only one pot covering the most 3 main settings of a VCA compressor : threshold, ratio and makeup gain. The sidechain has a special filtering that attenuate the compression in the low frequencies and enhance compression in the high frequencies. It helps to give to the BOUM compressor its particular sound.
    The distortion stages and the Hi Cut filter are not inspired by any existing products. But the SQUARE distortion mode is inspired by a unique Fuzz effect schematic from the late 70s that used a comparator circuit instead of a classic high gain saturated amplifier. I really loved the sound of this effect, so I have added it to BOUM !

Anonymous
    Inactive

sounds good. really excited. any news on release/preordering?

Anonymous
    Inactive

wee, excited here as well. i’ve been on the waitlist since it was announced. the release day couldn’t come soon enough.

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Hi to all,
    BOUM will be released in early april. Price is 462.50 EUR (excl. VAT).
    All our resellers will have stock in april and some have already open the pre-orders.
    We’ll also accept pre-orders from next week through our online shop.
    We have updated the informations about BOUM on the product page, we should post the first audio demos next week, hopefully.
    Thanks for your patience !
    Denis

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

You can listen to the first audio demos of BOUM here :

We are working on a video this week.
    Denis

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

The video of BOUM is online !

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.