Thanks to all for your encouraging words !
This week we’ll finalize the order of the first batch of BOUM with the electronics factory.
We should know the price and an estimated release date in the next days.
The specs are almost definitive :
– One knob compressor (Threshold, Ration and Make-up Gain on one pot) from no compression to negative ratios Mid position is a limiter (inf:1), max is something like 0.1:1
– Drive : Gain after the compressor, from 0 db to 60 dB, depending on the “disto” setting
– Filter : 12dB/Oct., non-resonant Hi-Cut filter from 50Hz to 20kHz
– Input Gain : 0, +6, +12 and +18 dB
– Attack and release (6 parameter each). The first attack setting is quasi-instant
– Lo Cut filter : 6dB/Oct. Flat, 75Hz, 150Hz, 300Hz
– Disto : Boost (soft clipper), Tube (well, an emulation!), Fuzz and Square (called a comparator distortion)
– Gate : Noise gate, from “No” to “-10db” (to create gated effects)
BOUM is 100% analog unit (even the side-chain) but will be MIDI controllable.
All the best,