HOME Forums BIM-BAM-BOUM BAM midi CC with Ableton live

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I love the sound on my BAM..
    BUT.. im quite disappointed with the CC on MIDI.

Now im giving it one last try with Ableton live.
    However after numerous attempts im about to give up and sell my BAM.

It “seams” it is the same issues as with Pyramid sequencer.

I had a Pyramid that was working fine with other MIDI devices, but it made the BAM periodic crash when sending CC 12, 13 and 14 (as far as I remember. It’s a while back)

I am using Ableton live with a Roland Studio Capture and I didn’t experience any problems with other MIDI devices. But when using it with BAM it crash over and over again. But it seams to crash every time I send anything really. Dosn’t matter what CC is send.

Does anyone here have BAM working with Ableton live and have a working UserConfiguration.txt for ‘User Remote Scripts’ what they can share?

Cheers,
    Frank

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t tried controlling BAM with MIDI, but your experience sounds very familiar to me. I once tried to MIDI control my Biscuit for live performance (I think it was mainly calling program changes) and that also resulted in very unstable behaviour.

I posted about it on the old version of the forum, and I don’t think there was ever a follow up, but I haven’t tried since.

I hope Denis is reading these messages. My last two posts here also went unanswered…

Anonymous
    Inactive

BTW a crashing MIDI device should never be the responsibility of the sending device. Even if it’s sending corrupt messages, or things get lost in transition, the receiving end should be able to handle that.

And sorry for asking the obvious but did you upgrade the firmware to v1.4?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.