HOME Forums BIM-BAM-BOUM BIM audio pops in dual delay type

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When using percussive or plucked sounds in combination with the dual delay type, I noticed some really annoying pops occurring in the output. I upgraded the BIM to the latest firmware, just to be sure, but that didn’t change anything.

I am wondering if this is intentional and some artefact of how the delay is implemented, or maybe it is a bug.

Below is a link to a recording. I’ve used a self-oscillating filter to generate a clean sound with a short attack, since the pops are most noticeable then. First you hear the sound with mix at 0% then 50% then 100%. The pops get sharper with higher notes.

There is no modulation and the input is not overdriven.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqr6bf98ko47h8k/BIM_dual_delay_pops.mp3?dl=0

If this is not a bug, please help me understand what’s going on.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, do you get that kind of noise or this is something different ?
    bim audio

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t understand what you’re asking. What do you mean with “that kind of noise or something different”? I made the recording to illustrate the problem.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok sorry didnt see the link to the audio file.
    I thought it was Maybe related to a problem i have (annoying pops too).
    Im getting digital artifact with higher notes and sounds with high frequency content no matter the type of delay i use.

To reproduce easily play a saw wave chord (using higher notes) with filter wide open using thru mode mix 100%.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.