HOME Forums BIM-BAM-BOUM BIM MIDI CC

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve tried emailing support@otomachines.com, but there hasn’t been a response or acknowledgement.

My problem is that I can’t MIDI control BIM’s parameters via MIDI CC.

I have a BIM connected directly to the MIDI output of my audio interface (RME Fireface UFX) with no other MIDI devices before or after. I did a system reset of BIM as per the manual, and got the LED animation.

BIM correctly syncs to the tempo from Ableton Live, and in Live’s config ‘Track’ and ‘Sync’ are enabled for the output MIDI port connected to BIM. I’m sending to channel 1, and the BIM is set to receive on channel 1. I’m sending CC via a MIDI clip, with the channel set to monitor ‘auto’.

If I turn on all the MIDI filters except for CC, nothing seems to happen when I send CC data, eg for CC 12 and 13 which should be pretty obvious. If I turn off the “clock to time filter” (ie the first two filter buttons are lit, the second two are blinking) the BIM goes crazy if CC data is sent (sounds like the delay time is being changed super fast). It doesn’t matter what CC I send, the result is the same.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Which serial number is your BIM ?
    Did you try monitor “off” on the MIDI track on Live ?
    What happens if you select only the CC filter (the first switch is lit and the three other are blinking) ?
    Do you have an external MIDI controller or a keyboard that can send CC to test if it works ?
    Denis

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.