HOME Forums BISCUIT Biscuit and Ableton

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello fellow biscuit users. has anyone noticed problems with biscuit when using standalone with ableton? I get crazy feedback loops when trying to process my midi channels and I guess it is somehow to do with the drive pot. I am using a focus rite card and live 9. Would appreciate any insight and any work-arounds. Thanks

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Did you try to engage the Local MIDI filter (page 30 of the User Manual) to avoid MIDI loops ?
    All the best,
    Denis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I have tried toggling those options but still I get a feedback loop. The Biscuit works normally when the output is coming from a drum machine or synthesizer, but there is feedback if the output is coming from within Ableton.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello again. I was wondering if using a mixer would help fix this issue. Maybe there is some type of loop going on since both the input and output is running from a sound card. Maybe there can be a solution if the biscuit goes to the mixer and then the mixer to the sound card. Please let me know your input on this. Thank you.

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Is it an audio or a MIDI feedback ?
    If it’s an audio feedback, it can be a problem with the audio interface or Ableton Live settings.
    Try to send a sound to Biscuit from another output from your soundcard than the input (i.e. outs 3&4 and inputs 1&2).
    Denis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there, it appears to be an audio feedback. The audio interface is working properly with all of my other devices and all of my other devices are working properly with Ableton’s current settings. Synth/Drum outputs sent to the biscuit sound processed as intended and there is no feedback. There is a feedback loop when the output is coming from ableton, lets say a sampled .wav file playing from Channel 1. I also notice it is going away when drive pot is put to zero and back up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi.

Did you ever happen to find a solution to this problem? I have the exact same issue with Focusrite Scarlett gen2 and Biscuit? Or do I just need to buy a new interface. :)

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.