HOME Forums BISCUIT Der OTO midi note in

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have had my Biscuit since the beginning and love it.

What I am trying to do is send midi notes from ableton or a midi keyboard to the Biscuit in Der OTO mode.

I can get the der oto sequencer to sync to midi, but it wont play the notes that I am sending to it. The midi notes that I send it do not transpose the sequence either. If I take the midi cable out, and plug it into a different synth, that different synth will play the notes.
    So I know that my midi device is sending the midi note information, and I know that the Biscuit (in DER OTO mode) is receiving some midi information (just the clock)

I am using a Motu 828 mk2. In the past I successfully used a M-audio 410 to send midi notes to Der OTO
    Any thoughts or ideas on how to get it to play it like I used to would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks!

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Maybe there’s a MIDI Note filter engaged or MIDI channels are not matched between Ableton and Biscuit (clock messages are sent on all channels).
    Go to Biscuit mode (4 + 5 + BRAIN) and check the MIDI filters, specially nr 6, Receive note filter.
    Should not flash.
    You can also set the right MIDI channel.
    Go back to Der OTO mode and check if it’s OK now.
    Denis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you

THat was it

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everyone,
    I am experiencing the exact same thing that 5ifth member is. I upgraded the firmware to try and fix the problem but it is still persisting.

Pardon my naivety in regards to this post:
    “Hi,
    Maybe there’s a MIDI Note filter engaged or MIDI channels are not matched between Ableton and Biscuit (clock messages are sent on all channels).
    Go to Biscuit mode (4 + 5 + BRAIN) and check the MIDI filters, specially nr 6, Receive note filter.
    Should not flash.
    You can also set the right MIDI channel.
    Go back to Der OTO mode and check if it’s OK now.
    Denis”

I understand as far as to get it to the Biscuit mode, and then how exactly do you check the midi filters? What is nr 6? Do I need to be looking at a computer to check the midi channels/filters etc or can it all be done through looking at the Biscuit?

Thank you, I am an amateur when it comes to this stuff. Cheers

Zane

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Under Biscuit mode, check the MIDI filters (see page 28 to 30 of the Biscuit User Manual).
    Filter nr 6 is the “receive note” filter. It should be permanently on.
    You’ll also have to match the MIDI channel (page 29) of the Biscuit and your DAW.
    When it’s set (both channel and midi filters), you can go back to Der OTO mode.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.