HOME Forums BISCUIT New Production?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Any news on new biscuits being manufactured in the near future? Love love love your company!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, i read Denis’ comments in the other thread.
    Since there is still so much interest in the Biscuit, why not create a ‘interest list’ to see how many potential buyers (owners of Biscuit I and new parties) would be attracted by a re-designed model.
    I certainly would :)

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Yes, an “interest list” is a good idea, thanks !

If we want to release a new batch of Biscuit, we have to re-design it because of obsolete components, need to improve the manufacturing process and so on. We’ll also need to order some parts in large quantities (keyboard, power supplies, packaging…).
    So we’ll start a new design only if we are sure we’ll sell enough Biscuits to pay all the extra costs. The original Biscuit was quite expensive to build, and we didn’t make many money from this product, even if we sold near 2000 units !

So maybe a new batch of Biscuit should be a new Biscuit : same signal path (8-bit converters, filter…) and sound, but extended features. Like more delay time, possibility to have 2 FXs at the same time, bypass of the 8-bit section, more presets memories, LCD screen…and possibly cheaper than the original one !

We’ll start an interest list in january. Maybe a simple email query, or a forum topic ?
    Denis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Oto Machines,

I think your idea is great, to do a Biscuit Mark II with extended feature set.

I would do a list on the Oto Machines forum, but also post on Muffwiggler and Gearslutz and Sonic State, that there is an interest list where people should sign up. This way word gets out faster.

Joyeux Noël to everyone.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bonjour,
    je suis aussi interressé si une nouvelle production est possible,
    bonne journée

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bonjour, Moi aussi, je suis TRèS intéressé par un nouveau Biscuit.
    merci de nous donner des news ;-)
    Franck

Anonymous
    Inactive

+1

Anonymous
    Inactive

seriously cool idea. Would love it.
    I have bisquit #0001.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Denis,

Where can I sign myself for the interest list?
    I would be even able to pay 50% or 100% of the amount in advance, do it in a crowdfunding way. It can be financially easier for you.

It has been half a year trying to get one and it seems impossible.

best,

Jakub

Anonymous
    Inactive

I too have been looking for a used Biscuit with no luck.

If you start a list for a Biscuit MK2 I am interested.
    Crowdfunding is a good idea to see how much genuine interest there is in a new release of this machine.

Thank you.

Erik

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, new member here looking for some news on the biscuit. +1 for a MK2, I would buy that instantly.

Someone start this list please! :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

hello ,i see in this week 3 biscuit betwenn 1077€ to 700 € in the web!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, I do believe there is still a market for OTO Biscuit, all the more for a v2 that would enhance the proposition.
    Is this still on the path, @otomachines ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

salut denis

je serais évidement bien intéressé par le nouveau biscuit :)

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Hi to all,
    Sorry for the long silence. OTO is still a small 2 people company, and we’ve been very busy with the release of BOUM, and increasing sales of our 3 products.
    First, I have to say that we won’t release a reissue or a new version of Biscuit, I’m sorry to disappoint some of you. I prefer to spend my (precious) time to developp and create new products, and I have many ideas I want to test.
    In 2018, among other things, I’ve spend a lot of time to listen and study 8, 12 and 16-bit audio and musical products released between 1976 and 1987.
    These products were samplers (like the Fairlight CMI & IIx, Emulator II, Emax), drum machines (Emu SP12/1200, Linn LM-1, Oberheim DMX), or FX processors (delays, reverb, pitch-shifter from AMS, Lexicon, Publison, Eventide, Quantec, EMT, Korg, Roland, Ibanez, Bel).
    I was lucky enough to try some of these machines in my lab, or going to studios equiped with them. When I had no possibility to listen to one of these, I built a prototype based on the original schematics (only the audio part).
    I’ve studied the different 8 and 12-bit converters used in these products, and the techniques to improve the resolution of them (floating point conversion, uLaw ComDAC, analog companding, log + exponential amplifiers).
    I cannot really tell you what the next OTO product will be (it’s too early for that), but I’m quite excited about it.
    But I give you a small clue : this product could include a very close hardware and software emulation of Biscuit in it, among many other things…
    The first prototype is planned for may, and if everything is OK we’ll start the industrial process in september.
    Cheers,
    Denis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.