HOME Forums BIM-BAM-BOUM Preset change kills sound

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I have a BAM since a few weeks and it was working fine up to now. Today when using it again it showed some strange behaviour: Everytime I change a preset the sound dies and playing into the newly selected preset creates no output at all. When turning the Mix knob the dry sound without any reverb comes up. Then, when turning any of the other knobs the reverb comes in, but with the changed knob setting of course. Everytime a preset is changed, I have to turn some knobs to get some sound. What’s happening here? In addition the Tap Tempo knob is never ever flashing and tapping it has no effect. I already tried a factory reset but the strange behaviour remains. Can anybody help?

Thanks and Greetings!

Anonymous
    Inactive

UPDATE: I restored the presets as described in the manual and now the units works fine again. All formerly saved user presets were overwritten of course! Would still be nice to get some statement on this topic.

Greetings!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Same problem here. This definitely seems to be a firmware problem. I wrote Denis about it already. I hope there will be a fix.

Thanks for that workaround! I will try that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I ran into the same problems. Thanks for the workaround. Hope it gets fixed!

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Hi,
    It seems to be a bug.
    Do you use BAM with the Active “AUX” setting and/or preset “LOCAL” on ?
    All the best,
    Denis

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not using the AUX setting but I have LOCAL on.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I have this problem too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Denis,
    Any update on this please?
    Thank you

Anonymous
    Inactive

Almost a year has passed…

This brings back memories of some problems I had with Biscuit, trying to control it via midi program change. It freezed the whole unit. Posted about it, but never received any response AFAICR. The forum has since been replaced, so I can’t find the message anymore. But my point being…

Why create a forum if you do not even find the time to reply to posts or offer support?

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Hi to all,
    I’m really sorry for the late answer. I agree it’s useless to create a forum if we never answer to it !
    We have changed few things with the forum, and we now receive an alert when there’s a new post.
    So we should be more responsive in the future.
    Sorry again, OTO is a small 2 people company, and time passes very quickly !
    About BAM, we’ll add this week a bug list and the latest revision with the upgrade procedure on the support page. I’ll check the mix bug when loading presets (maybe linked to the AUX mode) and let you know.
    All the best,
    Denis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the reply Denis.

I absolutely love the stuff that you are making, and I appreciate how hard it is to run the operation with just 2 people.

If you buy professional equipment you kind of expect these kind of issues to be squashed quickly, or at least get a regular update about the status. Even if it’s just a message saying “I’m hoping to look into it in 6 months time”. Good to hear that you’re now being notified of posts. That’s a good start ;)

All the best,
    Thijs

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any updates on this??

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I have reserved time in february (before working on new OTO products!) for new firmware for BIM and BAM.
    These revisions will be mostly bug fixes, and the one described in the OTO forum will be taken into account.
    Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience !
    Denis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Denis,

Good to hear you’re finally getting around to addressing these issues! I am hoping to use the units in a live setting this summer but then it should handle preset changes without cutting everything out.

I hope you manage to find more time or external help to work on OTO products and firmware updates. You clearly make awesome things, but I get the impression you are struggling to keep up with things :)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.