HOME Forums BIM-BAM-BOUM TAP Troubles with BIM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The TAP button stops flashing when I change the delay setting.

And, changing an existing tap tempo – just how do you do that anyway.

I’m wondering if I’ve some sort of software corruption or other problem with my 1 week old BIM.

Is there a procedure to do a full reset of the device? I tried the “hold down ACTIVE and TAP” on restart procedure.

By the way, I miss the on-off switch of the biscuit…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve also seen these issues with the tap button behavior when the midi settings are changed. If the midi clock to delay time is set to off, the tap button light will stop flashing when tapped manually.

A factory restart will reset this back to it’s original value and the button will start working again.

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Hi,

I will answer you soon about these bugs.
    A new revision of BIM is planned for this fall with many bug fixes.

All the best,
    Denis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awesome news!

I’m not sure how feasible it is, but if there was a way to send a specific BPM value for delay time via midi CC?
    I know there is no readout on the screen for showing what the value is, but if it could be set via Midi CC it would be very nice.

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Thanks for the idea !
    I will think of it, but I’m not sure if it’s possible to implement that.
    BIM only accept Beat Clock for synchronisation.
    Denis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Having issues with the BIM in terms of receiving MIDI. For whatever reason, it’s not receiving CCs or program changes. Syncing it to clock works, but when I send it CCs or program changes, it just momentarily affects the delay parameter and then it gets back to being synced to clock.

Oto Machines
    Keymaster

Hi,
    When BIM is synced with MIDI Beat Clock, the DELAY pot and the RANGE parameter cannot be modified.
    When BIM receive a MIDI Beat Clock, it automatically change the DELAY pot position and the RANGE parameter to apply the correct delay time. The other CCs (pots and parameters) should work well.
    If not, check the MIDI channel.
    All the best,
    Denis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey All,
    First post here. I received my BIM yesterday (the BAM arrived a week earlier), it’s fantastic, love at first sight/sound, but it looks like I may be having a tap tempo issue as well. To make this story short: tap tempo only flashes when its destination is set to delay time. When set to either the LFO or time/LFO, it just stops flashing. Resetting to time brings back the flashing. Tapping the button does change the tempo as it’s meant so I guess I’m good to go, still, this is a bit annoying, especially on a brand new unit. Did a system reset but have the same experience after that. I guess this is more or less a known issue, I wonder if this has been or will soon be fixed. Speaking of which: is my understanding correct that users can update the firmware thru the BIM’s MIDI-port, using a computer and an audio interface? Or…?
    Your replies and advice will be much appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Gabor

Anonymous
    Inactive

there’s supposed to be a firmware update, or at least that’s what i was told back in March. not sure what the status is on it but once i hear back i’ll let you know.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Exchanged emails with Denis a week ago, he says that the new fw for BIM may be expected around this fall or so. It will fix bugs AND bring on new features. That’s awesome because BIM is very deep already. BOUM comes first though but that’s good news too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.