- This topic has 28 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Anonymous.
22 February 2018 at 18 h 58 min #1200
I’m currently working on a firmware upgrade for BIM.
Release is planned for early march.
These are the bug fixes or new features to be adressed :
– TAP tempo is now displayed in all TAP Destination modes
– ACTIVE Mode: bugs in Spillover and Aux modes are fixed
– Graphical bug when changing ACTIVE Mode is fixed
– CC 30 (LFO Division) is OK
– LFO Division: was only effective after a new TAP Tempo
– Blinking of TAP tempo can be enabled or disabled (setting kept in memory)
– 2 news FX Type : Reverse (a very crude one but funny), Thru mode (without delay)
If you have experienced annoying bugs not listed here, and you want them to be fixed, please let me know.
Denis23 February 2018 at 13 h 10 min #1202StephParticipant
great news, thanks Denis !23 February 2018 at 13 h 51 min #1203AnonymousInactive
Can’t wait to try this out! So excited for the thru mode3 March 2018 at 21 h 53 min #1229AnonymousInactive
Any chance the Freeze issue mentioned here will be addressed?
Freeze is not that useful at the moment because of the timing is slightly off. If it were fixed I’d use it all the time!11 March 2018 at 16 h 18 min #1250AnonymousInactive
I’m not sure if this could be possible to implement or not. Right now when you input audio that is panned left or right, the delay is made to that according side it is panned to. It would be cool to have an option so that when a panned signal is passed through, the delay would be inverted. Making the panned dry signal and the delay on opposite ends of the stereo spectrum.
I first heard this on the sequential prophet-6. When the pan spread is turned up, the delay is panned on the opposite side. Creates a larger more lush stereo signal.12 March 2018 at 11 h 55 min #1251
About the FREEZE issue : it seems to be ok with TAP but I also have the issue with MIDI clock. I’ll check that today (I’m finishing the firmware right now).
About panning : I guess that in Prophet-6 (or in a delay plugin with a pan pot) the delay unit “knows” that the input signal is panned left or right because it’s in the same machine. To implement that in BIM, the machine should be able to recognize that the signal is only on the left or on the right channel, which is quite complicated for BIM, sorry ! BIM is mostly a hardwired analog processor, digital is only here for the 12-bit AD & DA conversion and the RAM.
I should release the BIM upgrade this week.12 March 2018 at 15 h 54 min #1253AnonymousInactive
That makes sense, thanks for the reply. Can’t wait for the update!26 March 2018 at 14 h 39 min #1273AnonymousInactive
any updates on the release?26 March 2018 at 16 h 20 min #1274
The new firmware for BIM is written, I just need to test it intensively.
It will be posted on the SUPPORT page with the instructions on thursday or friday.
The features of this new revision are now definitive :
– 2 new FXs : Reverse and Thru (input gain, filters and 12-bit conversion but without delay)
– TAP tempo display on or off (setting kept on memory)
– Improvement of the accuracy of TAP tempo, MIDI beat clock and FREEZE. Now FREEZE is almost always in sync (with the technology used in BIM it’s not possible to get FREEZE perfectly synced for a long time, but it’s far better than before). FREEZE was not designed to be a looper, so don’t expect to have a synced loop for 3 minutes !
– Bug fix : Spillover and Aux mode were not working well, espcially after changing the ACTIVE mode parameter or after a preset load
– Bug fix : The TAP switch was not working in “TAP to LFO” or “TAP to Both” modes
– Bug fix : “LFO Division” was not working after a change in setting. Needed to tap the tempo again
– Bug fix : on early BIM units, the delay was out of sync for a short time after a stop and play.
Denis27 March 2018 at 7 h 46 min #1276AnonymousInactive
i read about a bam update a long time ago. could you post that one too please?31 March 2018 at 21 h 01 min #1297rahikuParticipant
I’m having a couple issues after the BIM firmware upgrade:
1) When using the reverse mode, the left channel sounds very distorted with much lower signal than the right, which sounds better than the left but still has quite a bit of distortion. No issues if I switch to another delay type.
2) I can’t change the TAP tempo display setting – I hold the TAP tempo button down when powering on the unit as instructed, but the button light stays flashing.
I’ve got SN# 839 if that makes any difference. Thru mode sounds great! Very cool way to use the filters as a separate effect.
Thanks!1 April 2018 at 15 h 37 min #1300
I think the upgrade didn’t worked properly. Did you try to install it again ?
You can send me an email (support) and I’ll send you the unzipped SysEx file.
Maybe the file was corrupted during the download.4 April 2018 at 13 h 48 min #1311
A new revision has been posted on the support (still named 1.3).
This revision fix the Display TAP on/off when using MIDI Beat Clock.
The Rev 1.3 manual has been updated with the following statements :
– Reverse : does not work well with MIDI Beat Clock. Please use manual settings or TAP tempo.
– Thru : Rate, Depth and F-Back pots are inactive in this mode.
I’m working on a special revision for users with serial number under 300.
Please contact me directly (support email) if you want to upgrade your BIM and I’ll give you more infos and release date.
Denis9 April 2018 at 17 h 36 min #1317
The definitive BIM rev 1.3 was posted today.
This revision fixes a bug with MIDI Beat Clock in Reverse mode.
A BAM upgrade will be released this week.
It will add the following features :
– CC#18 is working
– TAP to Pre-delay is working & TAP switch is flashing (TAP to reverb will not be fixed in this revision)
– TAP display on/off
– Thru mode
– Maybe a new algo !
Denis9 April 2018 at 17 h 39 min #1318AnonymousInactive
„Maybe a new algo !“
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.